​​What Insurance should I have? 

General Liability Insurance: Every business, even if home-based, needs to have liability insurance.  The policy provides both defense and damages if you, your employees or your products or services cause or are alleged to have caused Bodily Injury or Property Damage to a third party.  For detailed info aboutCGL CLICK HERE 

Property Insurance:  If you own your building or have business personal property, including office equipment, computers, inventory or tools you should consider purchasing a policy that will protect you if you have a fire, vandalism, theft, smoke damage etc.  You may also want to consider business interruption/loss of earning insurance as part of the policy to protect your earnings if the business is unable to operateFor detailed info about Property Coverage Click Here 

Commercial Auto Insurance: Commercial auto insurance protects a company’s vehicles. You can protect vehicles that carry employees, products or equipment. With commercial auto insurance you can insure your work cars, SUVs, vans and trucks from damage and collisions.  If you do not have company vehicles,but employees drive their own cars on company business you should have non-owned auto liability to protect the company in case the employee does not have insurance or has inadequate coverage.  Commercial Explanation and Video Click Here 

Worker’s Compensation: Worker’s compensation provides insurance to employees who are injured on the job. This type of insurance provides wage replacement and medical benefits to those who are injured while working. In exchange for these benefits, the employee gives up his rights to sue his employer for the incident. As a business owner, it is very important to have worker’s compensation insurance because it protects yourself and your company from legal complications. Florida WC law states the if you are a non construction business and have 4 or more employees including the owner you are REQUIRED to have WC.  Any CONSTRUCTION business with 1 or more employees you are REQUIRED to have WC. Corporate officers can be exempt from workers compensation but they have to file a Florida WC exemption.  We can assist with this.    Penalties for non-compliance can be very stiff.

Florida Workers Comp Exemption Explanation Click Here 

Personal Lines Insurance:  Abide Agency does not do personal lines such as individual homewoners, personal auto

motorcycles, boats under 35 feet,  RV's and Motorhomes.  For our approved Personal Lines resources



Meet Steve Chesnut

I’m so glad you reached out to Abide Agency to help you with your business insurance.
If you are under a time crunch, many types of contractor policies can be quoted and bound online within minutes.  Click the Red DIYquote button. 


insurance solutions

Krista Hoffman Abide Agency